Back to work.

After a weekend of loads of fun and not much sleep and not working out all last week because of parent teacher conferences, it's time to get back to work. I haven't been feeling so well since last Thursday and for the last couple days I've eaten hardly anything because food makes me want to hurl, but I decided to go running tonight anyway. I tried week 9 day 2 and it wasn't too bad. I had to take a few breaks during the uphill parts but I got through most of the running alright and didn't have the stiff calf issue I had been having. I'm able to avoid cramps a bit better now that I'm breathing better. I do now have a shoulder stiffness/pain which is weird, but it isn't too bad.

So I guess I only have one more day of Couch to 5K? How crazy is that? It looks like I now need to get a good pedometer so I can focus on miles. I'd also like to work up to 40 minutes of running time because I'm sure I'm not actually running 5k yet.

In other news, I had a great time this weekend hanging out with Jeff, Kyle, and Neil as well as the wonderful guys from the band Rome. It was great having a house full of nice, interesting people. I felt like a complete and utter moron, however, after talking to people like Jerome who speak and read in several languages and the best I can do is read stupid vampire books in one dumb language. I decided to step up the reading a bit and today I bought 2666 by Roberto Bolano, which I've been considering reading for months. The last time I read a book over 800 pages it was Harry Potter so I'm a bit concerned, but I'm going to give it a shot. We shall see how it goes.

Here's a few pictures from the weekend:

Kyle saving the day! The concert was less than organized so Jesse ended up running all over to get the necessary equipment and Kyle set up audio stuff. He's also a great person to stay up late with watching horrible movies and eating popcorn.


I couldn't exactly help with the whole "saving the day" thing... so I sold t-shirts. :)

Jerome a few minutes before going on stage:

Jerome, Jesse, and Jeff near Wax Trax downtown:

Nikos and Jeff at Rocky Mountain National Park
The Rome guys leaving to go back to Luxembourg:


0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top But I Can't Do That!. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.